Monday, 20 April 2015

whoop whoop - surtex and dreams 2015!...

surtex 2015 ©beebrown

... Only a month away and Surtex is creeping up fast! I haven't been blogging too much lately for which I'm sorry and neither have I been social media-ing much either! ... Its been all go since I've joined Jennifer Nelson and her team of tremendously talented artists and I've barely had time to catch up with myself...

... However, with only a month to go, I felt it was time to announce that I will have some new work available for licensing at the Show and that I am thoroughly enjoying my new adventure with my Boston based agency. As far as being part of the agency goes, I have to admit that I wasn't too sure what to expect. I felt I needed to keep my expectations real just to protect myself as it was probably going to be the case that no one would want to commission me or licence my work ... What was Jennifer thinking of when she asked me to join her team? Right?

...Wrong! I have been so wonderfully busy and Jennifer is leading me and helping me with direction and work production in a way that I never thought possible. Working with her is so rewarding, motivating and soooo much fun. I have such hopes and dreams of how I would like my work and my 'brand' to grow and I really believe that Jennifer is the right person to be doing that with. Along with her knowledge, experience and expertise I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that along with a lot of hard work and dedication too, I can and will be able to bring in some great fun projects to work on  and have some great fun products out there in the market place. I have more self-belief now and with that is coming more confidence that I am on the right track. Thank you Jennifer!

... The remainder of my studio pals are taking booths at Surtex this year, either as individuals or part of their respective collectives. I'm the anomaly in that I'm not following suit in that way and neither will I be making the trip this time around... Its just not my time yet...but I am looking forward to hearing the news and watching how they go. Next year we will have a booth as an Agency, so with a little more experience under my belt I'm hoping to make it to the Big Apple SOON! Just gotta save a few more milk tokens first!

...So, as the drawing board calls me back, I'll sign off by saying that I'm looking forward to sharing with you some of the projects that I've been working on and here's to more believing in ourselves and practicing the art of the possible. x





2 comments: