Thursday, 29 January 2015

colour in the grey...

 ... I've been spending so much time being inside and at my computer of late, that spontaneity got the better of me yesterday (despite the freezing weather) & I headed off on the train for an outing ... Our nearest city is Birmingham ... "oh grim and grimy"... I hear you say, but I'm afraid I have to beg to differ!

...Whilst it's true that much of the city still pays a grey homage to its heavily industrial past (especially as you approach by train in the sleet!), there are some wonderful little hidden gems of places & new areas given over to fresh & modern development that are exciting & full of vibrancy & colour if you're willing to take a look...

... Here are a few snaps of some of the colour I found amongst the grey ... a yummy strawberry fuelled late breakfast, a splendid teapot & cups display against a mid-century backdrop, and some beautiful paper kites hanging from the ceiling in the theatre foyer ... but then before I knew it, it was time to hurry home to grab my Big and Little Beans and make the tea. But I love Birmingham...it has an honesty and a history that always warms my heart & still manages to invigorate & fill me with fresh inspiration. Looking forward to my next visit already. x




No comments:

Post a Comment