Thursday, 1 August 2013

the final 50 ...

playground journal snippet ©bee brown 2013
... the semi-finalists were announced for the 2013 Lilla Rogers Global Talent Search today. There were over 1500 entries from 30 countries across the world... wow, some competition and some stunning work! You can check out the final 50 on Lilla's blog, here.

...and here also is a tiny snippet of my entry for the first round. We were briefed to come up with a design for a journal cover on the theme of playgrounds for Paperchase as the client.  I absolutely loved creating this piece of work as the brief pushed me and stretched me to make something I wouldn't usually have made...

...although I haven't made it through to the second round - I know I'm just not ready for the big-time yet (but hopefully one day), I have a great piece to add to my portfolio and now even feel inspired to get going on my website ... I have learned and continue to learn so much ... exciting times ahead, watch this space ...!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you May :-) Hope you're enjoying the Surface Pattern course? x

    ReplyDelete